Publications (Journal articles, policy briefs, research briefs, reports):
- Ghosh U, Sen B, Bose S. Photo voice as a participatory approach to influence climate related health policy in the Sundarbans, The Lancet https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanplh/article/PIIS2542-5196(19)30165-2/fulltext
- Bose S, Ghosh U, Chauhan HK, Narayanan NC, Parthasarathy D. Uncertainties and vulnerabilities among the Koli fishers in Mumbai: A photo voice study. Indian Anthropologist, Volume 48, Number 2, July-December 2018; Special issue on Culture, Space and Ecology
- https://www.jstor.org/stable/26757766 DOI: 10.2307/26757766
- Bose S, Ghosh U, Brahmachari R, Mandal S. Mothers’ perception about determinants of child health: Photo voice exploration in the Sundarbans, West Bengal: BMJ Global Health https://gh.bmj.com/content/1/Suppl_1/A36.1 http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/
- Kanjilal B, Bose S, Patra N, Barman D, Ghosh U, Vadrevu L, Mandal A, and Sengupta P, (2013) How healthy are the children of Indian Sundarbans? IIHMR: Jaipur www.futurehealthsystems.org/publications/sundarbans-health-watch-series-1-how-healthy-are-the-childre.html
- Ghosh U; Bose S; Bramhachari R, Mandal S. (2016) ‘Expressing collective voices on children’s health: photovoice exploration with mothers of young children from the Indian Sundarbans’, BMC Health ServicesResearch,16(Suppl7):119-130.doi:10.1186/s12913-016-1866 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5123342/ ISSN: 1472 6963
- Ghosh U, Bose S, Brahmachari R, Mandal S. ‘Building capacity of local media to facilitate intersectoral action for health in the Sundarbans, West Bengal’. BMJ Global Health (2016) http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/ http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/bmjgh-2016-EPHPabstracts.38
- Vadrevu L, Ghosh U, Bose S, kanjilal B. ‘How can research engage with policy makers for improving health care for the vulnerable populations? Lessons from Knowledge intervention project in Sundarbans, West Bengal’ BMJ Global Health (2016) http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/ http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/bmjgh-2016-EPHPabstracts.39
- Ghosh U, Bose S, Bramhachari R. (2017) Geo-climatically vulnerable Sundarbans:a social network analysis of mother’s social ties and child care, International Journal for Population, Development and Reproductive Health. Volume 1 Issue No.1 page: 27-41.
- Ghosh U, Bose S, Bramhachari R. (2018) Living on the Edge: Climate Change and Uncertainty in the Indian Sundarbans, STEPS Working Paper 101, Brighton: STEPS Centre ISSN:978-1-78118-411-0
- Mehta L, Adam HN, Srivastava. S, Alankar, Bose S, Ghosh U, Kumar V (2019) Climate Change Uncertainty from ‘Above’ and ‘Below’: Perspectives from India Regional Environmental Change
10.1007/s10113-019-01479-7 http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10113-019-01479-7 ISSN 1436-378X
- Bose S, Ghosh U, and Bramhachari R. (2016) ‘Voices from the ground: Photovoice research on children’s health in the Indian Sundarbans’, Future Health System Research Brief, No. 09, September, 2016http://www.futurehealthsystems.org/publications/2016/9/12/fhs-india-research-brief-9-voices-from-the-ground-photovoice-research-on-childrens-health-in-the-indian-sundarbans
- Ghosh U, Bose S, Bramhachari R. (2016) ‘How do mothers’ social ties affect childcare: findings from a Social Network Analysis study in the Indian Sundarbans’,Future Health System Research brief, No.10,November 2016.http://www.futurehealthsystems.org/publications/2016/12/16/how-do-mothers-social-ties-affect-childcare-findings-from-a-social-network-analysis-study-in-the-indian-sundarbans
- Adam HN, Bose S, Ghosh U, Mehta L, Srivastava S. (2017) Water in India: Managing Uncertainty. Geography & You (Issue 101)
- Ghosh U, Bose S, Bringing Together Voices to Address Climate Change Uncertainty in the Indian Sundarbans-IDS Policy Briefing
- Gatellier K, Copper J, Kirunda KA, Sonkarlay S, Bose S, Gwaikolo W, Barker T. Working with the media in pursuit of health for all.
- Murphy. L, Bose. S, Hossain. A and Mahmood S. In from the cold: shifting the discourse on informal providers in Bangladesh and India
- Ghosh. U, Bose. S. Climate change: a threat to child food security in the Indian Sundarbans.
- BoseS: Using local vernacular media to share knowledge and engage policy https://www.healthsystemsglobal.org/blog/355/Using-local-vernacular-media-to-share-knowledge-and-engage-policy.html
- Bridging The Gaps In Understandings Of Uncertainty And Climate Change
- Southasiadisasters.net, issue no. 169 on “Understanding Uncertainty: Views from Kachchh, Mumbai, and Sundarbans”, May 2018.
- Srivastava S, Mehta L, Bose S: A ‘natural disaster’on top of a pandemic – preparedness in the face of cascading uncertainties
- Ghosh U, Bose S, Chakroborty D: Rebuiling same or rebuilding different? Critical questions in the aftermath of cyclone Amphan
Forth coming book chapter: The certainty of uncertainty: climate change realities of the Indian
Sundarbans by Upasona Ghosh, Darley Jose Kjosavic and Shibaji Bose in the forthcoming book Politics of Climate Change and Uncertainty in India (publisher Routlege)
News stories and features including investigative pieces for The Statesman, Economic Times and Hindustan Times (can be provided on request)